WHO has supported the establishment of 26 diarrhoea treatment centres in cholera-affected governoratesHighlights, November 2016
- From 19 March 2015 to 18 November 2016, a total of 7272 conflict-related deaths and 38 279 injuries were reported from health facilities in conflict-affected governorates. The actual number of deaths is believed to be higher given that this report only captures health facility reported deaths.
- As of 29 November, 7730 suspected cholera cases have been reported, of which 122 have tested positive for Vibrio cholerae in 14 governorates.
- Final findings from WHO's Health Resources Availability Mapping System (HeRAMS) in 16 governorates show that out of a total 3507 surveyed health facilities, only 45% are fully functional and accessible, 38% are partially functional and 17% are non-functional.
- Increased cases of measles have been reported in Sa'ada, Amran, Sayoun and Al-Mahra governorates, sparking concerns over the spread of the disease to other governorates. The total number of suspected cases reached 2780, of which 122 cases were classified as measles cases.
- To ensure the safety of vaccines, 143 solar-powered vaccine refrigerators provided by WHO have arrived in Al-Hudayda to be distributed to all governorates.
Read the latest situation report, November 2016 [pdf 869kb]
Read the infographic on WHO's support to Yemen
Cholera situation report 3, 13 November 2016
Cholera situation report 2, 26 October 2016
Cholera response - donor alert, 17 October 2016 | Arabic
Cholera situation report 1, 10 October 2016
Health facility-based reported deaths and injuries
Latest health facility-based reported deaths and injuries
Assessment of health facilities damaged due to conflict